Last night I ordered a slew of seeds for spring planting. I'm so excited about it, it is hard to concentrate on anything else. Despite the rain today I would like to dig a hole for a second green cone composting area. I already have one prepared that has been sitting for nearly a year - its contents should be ready to use by spring, though I'm realizing how little is actually in there.
A list of the seeds I ordered (from Territorial Seed Company in Cottage Grove, OR):
- Amazing Cauliflower
- Bright Lights Swiss Chard
- Broad Windsor Bean
- Dark Green Italian Plain Parsley
- Emerald Delight Zucchini
- Fiesta Broccoli
- Brocade Marigold Mix (good for repelling bugs)
- Roodnerf Brussels Sprouts
- Roxton Leek (a summer harvest variety)
- Sweet Meat Squash (good for pumpkin pie)
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- a few extras: PH soil tester, 2in square peat pots (to start seedlings), and a potato tower
We live in a toxic part of the city so I plan to use as many pots and raised beds as possible. There is also limited sunlight & space in the backyard, but I am optimistic for how it will all work out. Photos to come.
But because it is only January, today I will be working on a few shirt orders, new painted napkins, and State/City TAXES!